You will report directly to the Head of finance and assist with the accounts, cash management and sales for Sugati both in UK and overseas. You will be involved in multiple different administration and office tasks and bring a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude to the role.
If you are interested in technology and travel and are excited about being part of a growing team then we want to hear from you. This role will suit someone with previous finance and office administration experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
You will have a wide range of accounting responsibilities, including:
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger: setting up new suppliers, keeping details up to date and liaising with suppliers
- Registering all purchase invoices and expenses
- Preparation of payment runs: collating for FC approval, uploading to QuickBooks and posting once paid
- Processing staff expense claims: checking VAT, cost allocation and raising queries where necessary
- Making payments to invoices on a timely fashion
- Purchase ledger – Posting invoices, issuing payments to suppliers, reconciling purchase ledger and ensuring all orders for glass are in good condition.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation
- Credit card management and reconciliation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Banking- posting all bank transactions including direct debits, bank transfers, standing orders, supplier payments and customer receipts.
- Working on cash flow and forecasting cash flow on our companies in the UK, Indian and Singapore
- oversee all company account
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner ( Associates invoices)
- Completing VAT returns
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts on Quickbooks
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Record financial transactions for project, department, or company
- Process Indian Office transactions on QB and check the transactions regularly with the Indian Office manager
- Liaise with external accountant for year-end accounts preparation and other reports
- Maintenance of the sales ledger: setting up new clients, keeping details up to date and liaising with clients
- Creating sales invoices, issuing the invoices in a timely fashion and managing billings: sending to clients
- Projecting when the new invoices will be issued and working with internal project manager and sales executive to accurately predict this on a weekly basis.
- Credit Control: chasing clients for payments, running weekly aged debtors report, and flagging cause for concern
- Invoicing customers regularly, dealing with credit control and all aspects of sales ledger.
- Client Profitability analysis and reporting
- Fee reconciliations, job costing, and other WIP-related support
- Analysis of the income by each income stream category
- Help to prepare business plans.
- Working with third-party accountants/suppliers for R&D application and EIS application etc..
- Completing payroll for a team of 15 staff, with accurate retrieval from the clocking in system and comparison between overtime claimed by staff.
- Collecting Commissions from partners on a regular basis
- Creative commercially and consistently thinking of income streams
- Preparation of quarterly VAT return, PSA and P11Ds
- VAT Returns- Dealing with quarterly VAT returns, ensuring VAT rates are applied correctly when sales and purchase tax are calculated and reconciling VAT returns.
- Management of private healthcare policy, and travel insurance policy
- Assistance with the year-end audit processes
- Timesheet tardiness reporting to the CEO and Head of Project Delivery
- Reviewing and billing client Travel & Expenses
- Management of electricity account: uploading reading and allocating to correct account
- Ad hoc finance-related duties in an ever-changing and expanding technology company
- Willing to learn and understand the accounting rules and regulations for our companies in Singapore and India
- Working with third-party accountants in Singapore and India
- General management of office tasks and making sure all the office inventory items (coffee beans and fruits) are supplied on a regular basis
- Managing the petty cash